Friday, July 16, 2010

Split Decision

I hope you're enjoying the new blog daily themes! I'm sure having fun thinking up my spices and OTHd Challenges to come!

Today, however, I decided to tackle a different challenge. Foodbuzz, my ever-so-fab sponsor, has issued a challenge to all of its featured publishers to create the Ultimate Banana Split. Recently they helped Electrolux and Kelly Ripa raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund by sending 2 featured publishers to New York and giving them the opportunity to make banana splits with their kids, and now they are sharing this idea with everyone! For every post published, Foodbuzz will donate $50 to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. Ice cream for a good cause? No need to ask me twice!

So I thought. And ate some Fage + berries.

Thought more. Made some kale chips.
[P.S. - make.these.NOW.]

And then it came to me, with the help of newest best friend:
Meet Martin, the mini food processor! I saw him in the store and just couldn't say no. He was just too cute! (That, and our old food processor from the 80s caused me a slight mental collapse a few nights ago. Something had to change.)

So, don't yell at me, but I have yet to try the wonderful banana soft serve that's been flying across the foodie blogosphere lately! Mostly because of said food processor problem. But, I had a frozen banana in the freezer, and with Martin as my companion, I knew it was time. Into the bowl went:
1/2 banana
1/4 c. frozen mango chunks (because no Gillianasana Ultimate anything would be truly complete without mango!)
...and that's all! Just blend, baby, blend, and BAM! 
Soft serve ice cream, just waiting to be eaten. Or, in my case, paired with a fresh-baked brownie:
I call it my Lazy Summer Split - the banana IS the ice cream!

Happy Splitting!

~Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment