Monday, July 5, 2010

A Grand July 3rd

Did everyone have a terrific July 4th??

I know, I've been MIA, bad blogger! I finally decided that I was desperate enough and it was time to go back to work at the local coffee house I've worked at for the past 2 summers. Summer always goes by fast, but this one seems to have picked up some extra speed - it is inconceivable to me that just 2 months ago today I was sitting in my apartment in Florence, planning which of the dozen restaurants we just had to try would be dinner. I believe the word is heartsick.

Anyway, between running around the coffee house, 4th festivities, and my aunt & uncle coming into town (YAY!), I've been too tired to so much as look at the computer. No worries, I'm back, and I've got a plan!

Because my awesome aunt & uncle are staying with us, I'm hesitant to reveal this superplan - I want to give it all my energy - but don't worry, I'm not taking the week off! I'll be playing a little catch-up - whoa, do I have some product reviews for y'all!

On July 3rd, the town where my dad's yacht club is (um, his "yacht" is a 26 ft. sailboat with a 4 person capacity...but it's still fun) has fireworks over the water, so the fam and I packed up and hung out on the boat to watch them! We did it last year and it was really fun and chill - SO much more relaxing than trying to go into Boston (I hit my crowd quota this year with Venice, thankyouverymuch). They are some pretty spectacular fireworks for such a small town, too! I, of course, was not without camera in hand. So without further ado...






The Captain & his Mis[s]Understanding.





And that wasn't even the real show...



I love those sparkly ones!

Kinda looks like the moon is exploding!




The grand finale.

Watching fireworks in a boat = great way to end a day!

~Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment