Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Recap

I'm slowly resurfacing from my death flu - I can sit up for longer than 5 minutes, good sign!! I knew I was sick when all I wanted to eat yesterday was white bread and mint chip ice cream, because the thought of spinach made me want to gag. Something is definitely wrong with that picture.

All semester long, I was trying to brainstorm how to solidify Gillianasana as a food blog - not just a short-term study abroad blog. It's too much fun to give up!!! But, of course, the best way to do that is to...uh, keep writing it? Doh! So yes, here I am--to stay.

But before I really step back into reality, let's recap my last day in Firenze!
Sunset from our kitchen. Aka, Florence telling us it loves us ;)

Last trip to Casa del Vino...

Tried a new gelato place, Gelateria dei Neri. Passion fruit and soy hazelnut. SO good! The passion fruit was creamy, not sorbetto, but the flavor was really strong. The hazelnut almost tasted cocoa-y?! Loved it.


Ciao ciao, Duomo!

For our arrivederci dinner, the 4 of us went across the street to our favorite place for aperitivo - 8 euro for a drink and buffet with really decent food. Not amazing, but really good (again, Italy = hard to eat badly). I normally get prosecco, but it was our last night, so I branched out--
My first cosmopolitan!
It was alright. I'm less of a liquor fan, I guess. But give me sparkling wine with my Italian buffet any day!

And then, the time had come. The air was filled with a mixture of sadness, anticipation, nostalgia. 
Our last gelato.
Perche No - the best of the best. Soy chocolate and coffee crunch. It was...bittersweet.

It's hard to gauge how I'm dealing with being home so far because this evil flu attacked me and threw me way off, but so far: the strawberries don't taste as good, the toilet seats are lower, and the people have funny accents. I'll keep you updated; I know you're on the edge of your seat.

I have some product reviews coming up, and will get to work on that restaurant page pronto!

~Namaste~

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gillian - I actually have an idea/connections for you on the food/travel blog front. Email me at jeramyj@academicintl.com and I'd be happy to explain further :)

    Get well!

    Jeramy

    ReplyDelete