Saturday, May 29, 2010

ColorFULL

I just love salads. Fun textures, yummy fresh flavors - and such pretty colors!
My mom stopped at a little cafe called Baker's Best in Newton (Mass) that is a cafe as well as a kind of take-away place - lots of prepared foods like salads and hot pressed paninis. She grabbed three different salads, and I threw a little of each on a bed of spinach. I love eating this way - light, fresh, and a little bit of everything.
There was an orzo salad with feta cheese, asparagus and roasted peppers in an oil-and-vinegar dressing - probably my fave! Another was a noodle salad, a little spicy with chili, shrimp, cilantro and asian veggies like bell peppers and snap peas. Probably my least favorite - too oily and the noodles were a little mushy, plus I'm not big on spicy foods. The last was a red quinoa salad with veggie strips and mandarin oranges - this I loved as well. The fun thing about salads like these are they're super easy to duplicate - and even play with and improve upon! Pick a grain, pick some veggies, maybe a little cheese, and spices and BAM! super yummy, quick, homemade salad ready for chowin'.

As much as I have been thoroughly enjoying my time on the elliptical jamming to my newly-downloaded Glee tunes, today was not a gym day (let's just say, sometimes it sucks to be a girl). The weather was beautiful, and it was the perfect day for a walk around the neighborhood with the dog - and LuLu!












Love that natural light :)










A baby!

I think she was feeling a little shy :)

I love this tree. Every time I walk by it, I say that to myself. Doesn't it look like a woman stretching her arms up and out? Very free. Beautiful.

Dogs will be dogs!

Lean on me...




I love walks. They're like free therapy.

Tippy likes them too ;)

~Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment